Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oops

Inspired by my orderly sister, I have begun the habit of selecting my outfits the night before work. It prevents stress in the morning.

Yesterday, I bought a pretty awkward pair of pants for only three dollars! I need new clothes, nothing fits me anymore, and I haven't been paid yet. So, I bought these khaki capris, figuring that I could just shove them in some boots and be fine. I also picked up a cute, sleeveless white top for three dollars. It's not exactly sleeveless weather, but I own a jacket that coordinates with my boots. Without another thought, I planned my outfit for the day.

This morning, I didn't follow my typical routine. I had a letter to write. This letter took much longer than expected. I ended up throwing on my clothes, flicking my hair into a pony-tail, and galloping out the door.

In the car, I glanced at my outfit. Oh no... great. 


Minus the horse, helmet, and gloves, that is exactly what I was wearing. And, I was already late. My only hope was that no one would notice that I dressed to lead horses instead of middleschoolers.

I continued through my day, wincing occasionally but otherwise unaffected by my costume.

Then, after the dismissal bell, one of the teachers gave me the side-eye."You look like you're about to go horseback riding," she chuckled.

"Yep... I know. I realized that a little too late this morning," I responded with a shrug.

Normally, I dress well. I guess you win some and you lose some. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment